Vigilant’s experienced compliance professionals serve as outsourced Chief Compliance Officers for numerous Private Equity Fund Advisers, including Private Equity, Real Estate, and Venture Capital Funds. The Dodd-Frank Act requires Private Equity Fund Advisers who manage over $150 million of assets to register with the SEC and to have a compliance program that includes a Chief Compliance Officer. A Registered Private Equity Adviser must comply with the many legal requirements of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Private Equity Fund Advisers require specialized Compliance Programs due to their often complex legal structures and unique investment style. Vigilant is experienced in registering Private Equity Firms, developing their compliance Programs, and operating those programs from inception to multiple billions of dollars in assets under management.
Private Equity SEC Registration Requirements
Vigilant is well versed in the compliance requirements and risks specific to managing Private Equity Funds. These include:
- Managing and disclosing conflicts relating to allocating investments across multiple Funds.
- Properly disclosing co-investments or other special purpose vehicles.
- Properly allocating fees and expenses among Funds, Portfolio Companies, and the Adviser.
- Adequately disclosing and supervising Operating Partners, or individuals who provide solutions to the Funds or Portfolio Companies, but who are not employees.
- Providing proper training and oversight over employees and establishing written policies and procedures designed to prevent the misuse of Material Non-Public Information.
Vigilant is a full service Investment Management Solutions Firm servicing the regulatory needs of a diversified range of investment management clients. With offices in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Dallas and Washington, D.C., Vigilant is well positioned to help your business create and sustain an effective compliance policy. Since 2004, Vigilant has been the leader among regulatory compliance consulting firms; uniting regulatory compliance, legal, financial expertise and now paving the way to the Market for our clients.