FINRA released its report on Risk Monitoring and Examination Activities which is designed to provide annual insights from FINRA’s ongoing regulatory operations and inform member firms’ compliance programs.
The expectation is that FINRA will be revisiting this Report annually and will be focusing on the ongoing core compliance responsibilities that are reviewed as part of their risk-based exam program each year. Also, there will be other areas addressed as well pending on certain developments such as new regulatory requirements.
Below are three key takeaways of what to expect from this 2021 FINRA Report on Examinations:
- There will be a summary of important findings from recent examinations and FINRA will provide an outline of efficient practices they observed from their oversight
- FINRA will identify the applicable rule and key related considerations for member firm compliance programs.
- Additional resources will be provided by FINRA that could be beneficial and helpful to member firms
It is also important to note that FINRA will be will be replacing two prior publications. Below will be those two replacements:
- An analysis of prior examination results, otherwise known as the Report on Examination Findings and Observations
- A highlight of areas that FINRA planned to review in the coming year, otherwise known as the Risk Monitoring and Examination Program Priorities Letter
Want to learn more about FINRA’s Report for 2021?