Outsourced Financial & Operations Principal (FinOp) Solutions
Vigilant can provide your broker-dealer with an outsourced financial and operations principal who helps your member firm meet its strategic goals. With Vigilant, your business will partner with a licensed Series 27 professional with the requisite experience, and who will support and enhance your existing FinOp practices while protecting your firm and clients.
When you choose Vigilant, you’ll grow your business’s reputation because you’ll put our knowledge of the industry’s best practices to work for you.
Why Your Member Firm Needs FinOp Outsourcing
Regulatory demands grow more complex with each passing year. So do disciplinary fines and actions. The result is that managing finance operations in-house is more expensive than ever before. Vigilant provides your Broker-Dealer with FinOp outsourcing solutions that helps you stay on top of the industry’s increasing challenges while preserving your hard-earned bottom line.
Review our 5-Step Matrix SystemSM to choose the support solutions that meet your specific needs.
- Conduct specialized meeting to Review Written Supervisory Procedures
- Preparation of Compliance Flow Charts for Broker-Dealer
- Preparation of Supervisory Responsibility Matrix
- Designate a VC Professional to serve as your Compliance Consultant
- Prepare a Risk Matrix
- Prepare and Maintain Broker-Dealer Compliance Calendar
- Prepare or Update your Written Supervisory Procedures Manual
- Conduct Outsourced Compliance Review of All Critical Areas
- Review of Marketing Materials for Compliance FINRA Rules
- Perform Anti-Money Laundering Review
- Conduct testing and verification of the Firm’s Supervisory Procedures
- Conduct your Required Annual Firm Element Training
- Conduct Insider Trading Training
- Conduct Required Code of Ethics Training
- Preparation of FINRA Rule 3012 Report
- Preparation of Annual Anti-Money Laundering Report
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Internal Control Reviews
- Review of Know Your Customer Reports and Suitability
- FINRA Disciplinary Disclosure Reporting
- Review of Customer Privacy Protection Procedures
- Branch Office and Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction Reviews
- FINRA Examination Support
- FINRA Exam Coordination
- Collect Supporting Documentation for FINRA Examinations
- Respond & Resolve SEC Inquiries
A Series 27- licensed FinOp consultants from Vigilant will:
- File accurate and timely FOCUS reports
- Calculate net capital and review with client management
- Provide supervision of in-house Financial staff members, from report preparers to record keepers
- Assure your firm remains in compliance with the financial responsibility rules set forth by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Liaise with clients PCAOB auditor for Broker Dealer annual audits
Successfully Outsourcing FinOp for Your Broker-Dealer
Outsourcing a FinOp does not relieve your firm or Vigilant from adhering to industry-wide rules and regulations. Whether your member firm requires a part-time or full-time FinOp, you can ensure a successful partnership in a few important ways:
- Providing Vigilant with full access to your business records, just as a full-time FinOp would receive
- Defining the FinOp’s responsibilities clearly to staff members
- Keeping your FinOp aware of upcoming changes in policy, litigation or arbitration matters, contracts and other mission-critical events or new business initiatives.
Contact Vigilant for More Information
Vigilant’s highly experienced FinOp professionals have the qualifications your business needs to meet demanding industry regulations while preserving your bottom line. With offices in New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston and Washington, DC, our FinOp professionals are well-positioned to ensure your business stays in compliance with financial operations and reporting rules. Contact us to learn more.