As Spring is rolling in, so are a lot of Announcements and Industry Updates!
One of the most awaited updates was this past week. The Division of Examinations announced the set date of May 4th as when the Marketing Rule will take effect.
In the month of February two of Vigilant’s thought leaders were quoted in articles. One provided insights on the Ad Rule and its effect on Social Media, and the other on Reg BI Exams in 2021.
To learn more about what happened in the month of February see below!
New Rules, Regulations, and Guidance
- To stay up to date with the SEC Filing Deadlines in 2021 click HERE to view Vigilant’s Filing calendar.
- To see upcoming 2021 SEC Meetings and Public Appearances click HERE.
- Vigilant’s Director, Justin Dausch, Provides Insights towards the Ad Rule and its effect on Social Media
- On February 22nd, Ignites reported on the Ad Rule and how it may push shops to ban social media. Vigilant’s Director, Justin Dausch, believes limiting employees use of social media will help to avoid entangling the Manager. To learn more about Justin’s insights click HERE to see Vigilant’s full release.
- Vigilant’s Managing Director, Patrick Chism, Provides Insights towards the Reg BI Exams in 2021
- On February 5th, Financial Planning published a piece saying that FINRA is expecting to see significant progress in firms compliance policies and procedures around Regulation Best Interest. Vigilant’s Managing Director, Patrick Chism, provided his insights towards the number of items that may not apply to a firm’s operations or business models. To learn more about Patrick’s insights click HERE to see Vigilant’s full release.
Vigilant’s Rebrand Announcement
- On February 2nd, Vigilant Compliance announced its Rebrand to Vigilant, a Full-Service Investment Management Solutions Firm offering a range of solutions inlcuding Compliance, Active Distribution, Principle Underwriting, Outsourced Solutions, and Registered Representative Solutions. To see the full Rebrand Announcement click HERE.