In April, we saw SEC Releases and important insights from Vigilant.
Below is a brief overview of what took place in the month of April, and what is approaching for May.
- 05/10/23 – Form 13G Monthly
- 05/15/23 – Form 13F Quarterly
- 05/15/23 – Form CTA-PR
- 05/19/23 – AIFMD Annex IV – Fund of Funds
- 05/30/23 – Form PF Hedge Fund Quarterly
- 05/30/23 – Form N-PORT
- 05/30/23 – Form CPO-PQR
- To stay up to date with the SEC Filing Deadlines in 2023, click HERE to view Vigilant’s Filing calendar.
Events & Public Appearances by Officials:
- 05/02/23 – 2023 MFA Legal and Compliance Conference
- 05/03/23 – Open Meeting
- 05/04/23 – Closed Meeting
- 05/10/23 – Municipal Securities Disclosure Conference
- 05/10/23 – Crypto and Digital Assets Summit
- 05/11/23 – Global DMI Symposium — Central Banks and Digital Currencies
- 05/19/23 – Conference on Emerging Trends in Asset Management
- To see upcoming 2023 SEC Meetings and Public Appearances click HERE!
- Vigilant’s own, Maxwell Baker, Esq., was quoted in InvestmentNews related to the SEC’s continued investigations into the use of messaging apps by employees of registered firms.
- To learn more about the areas he covered and his in depth analysis, click here.
- The SEC is looking to hire over 100 additional staff members for its enforcement division, and is proposing a 12% budget increase to finance it.
- To learn more about the current regulatory environment and how to be prepared, click here.
- SEC Registered Investment Advisers (“RIAs”) that manage Private Funds needed to file their Form PF by April 30th, 2023, if they met certain requirements.
- We covered important reminders and mistakes to avoid here.
- Vigilant is thrilled to announce that we have been shortlisted for the following 3 Awards below by Hedgeweek for their US Emerging Manager Awards 2023:
- Best Outsourced Solution
- Best Regulatory Advisory & Compliance Firm (Fund Domicile)
- Best Regulatory Advisory & Compliance Firm (Overall)
- To learn more about the awards we were shortlisted for, click here.
Firm Pays $20 Million for Improper Securities Trading
- On April 3rd, a Firm and its Founder agreed to pay $19.3 million in disgorgement, interest, and civil penalties as a result of SEC charges for improper fixed income securities trading.
- To learn more about what was discovered, the compliance analysis, and our conclusion, click here.
- On April 18th, an Investment Advisory Firm was charged by the SEC for misstatements and omissions relating to its automated tax loss harvesting service and failures of proper bookkeeping and client notification.
- To learn more about what happened and our conclusion, click here.
- On April 18th, SEC Chairman, Gary Gensler, gave testimony to the House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services. His testimony covered many topics that directly impact the securities industry.
- To view the 10 key topics he covered, key takeaways, and our conclusion, click here.
- Last week, the SEC released a bulletin explaining the standards of conduct for Registered Investment Advisers (“RIAs”) and Broker Dealers (“BDs”) under Reg BI and the Investment Advisers Act.
- To view the key takeaways and our conclusion, click here.
News and Alerts:
- SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce commented on a host of issues during a CFA Society of Washington’s annual dinner. Peirce had a Q&A session with a reporter from InvestmentNews and the audience, with a range of topics discussed including SEC regulatory goals, recent proposals, crypto currency, and their congressional mandate.
- To learn more about the key takeaways from the interview and our conclusion, click here.
The Vigilant Team is always happy to schedule a time to chat, feel free to contact us with any questions!