Vigilant Monthly Newsletter
In this edition of Vigilant’s Monthly Newsletter for August, we saw a heavy amount of content which included important SEC Releases, an SEC Proposed Rule, an SEC Risk Alert, an SEC Investor Alert, and important insights from Vigilant.
Below is a brief overview of what took place in the month of August, and what is approaching for September.
New Rules, Regulations, and Guidance
- 9/8/22 – Compliance Date for Rules 2a-5 and 31a-4 – Good Faith Determination of Fair Value
- 9/12/22 – Schedule 13G Monthly
- To stay up to date with the SEC Filing Deadlines in 2022, click HERE to view Vigilant’s Filing calendar.
Events & Public Appearances by Officials:
- 9/8/22 – Closed Meeting
- 9/8/22 – The SEC Speaks In 2022
- 9/8/22 – Chair Gensler: NYC Summit at the Metropolitan Pavilion
- 9/11/22 – SEC Military Outreach At DeKalb Army Reserve Center
- To see upcoming 2022 SEC Meetings and Public Appearances click HERE!
- Chuck Martin and Ryan Hurley were both quoted on Regulatory Compliance Watch providing their thoughts and insights towards the SEC’s Derivatives Rule that is now effective as of Friday, August 19th.
- To view their insights and our final conclusion, click here!
- Vigilant’s Chief Operating Officer, Chuck Martin, and K&L Gates Of Council, Pamela Grossetti, presented at the 2022 PMAR Conference on the SEC Marketing Rule that will become effective on November 4th, 2022.
- To view the full Presentation on our YouTube Channel, click here!
- On August 15th, 2022, Vigilant celebrated 18 successful years in business and we wanted to thank everyone for their support throughout the years as we look forward to many more successful years ahead.
- To view the entire announcement, click here!
SEC Proposed Rule:
- On August 10th, the SEC proposed amendments to Form PF which would enhance private fund reporting.
- To learn more about who applies for the proposed amendments, key impacts of the proposed changes, the SEC’s reason for the proposal, and Vigilant’s final conclusion, click here!
SEC Risk Alert:
- On August 22, 2022, the SEC Division of Examinations (“Division”) released a Risk Alert following up from a prior Risk Alert in 2017 related to a series of examinations of newly registered Municipal Advisors.
- To learn more about the key observations from the Division and Vigilant’s Director, Deane Armstrong‘s insights, click here!
SEC Investor Alert:
- On Monday, August 29th, the SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy sent out an Investor Alert relating to Social Media and Investment Fraud.
- To view the SEC recommendations to prevent fraud and Vigilant’s final conclusion, click here!
- On August 24th, the SEC released a draft of their strategic plan for fiscal years 2022 to 2026 with a focus on the evolving technology and business models that are changing.
- The SEC provided three primary goals that can be found by clicking here to learn more!
- On Tuesday, August 2, 2022, the SEC staff released a bulletin emphasizing the importance of adhering to the Investment Advisers Act and Reg BI, stating that this exercise should be a “robust, ongoing process that is tailored to each conflict”.
- To learn more about the SEC’s recommendations and Vigilant’s final conclusion, click here!
The Vigilant Team is always happy to schedule a time to chat, feel free to contact us with any questions!
The Team at Vigilant